One of those days...

Do you ever have one of those days when you just can't get things to line up and go right? I had one of those on my recent trip to Louisiana for work. The day started with my missing my window to check my bag at the ticket counter. So I had to lug my large bag to the gate and check it there. Security confiscated and threw away my oversize (5 oz toothpaste), because clearly Crest can be a hazard. That should have been my first sign. When I arrived at the gate my flight was delayed due to weather, causing me to miss my connecting flight to Lafayette. I was given 3 standby options - each 2 hours apart. I reported to the first gate, which was changed 3 times. I felt like I was stuck in that scene in Airplane where the people are running from gate to gate as the plane drives by the window. It was so ridiculous it was almost comical. I was finally granted a boarding pass and all was well...or so I thought. 

We boarded the small plane and had a very normal take off. The first flight had been turbulent so the bumpiness of this one didn't phase me much. I was buckled in and trying to relax. After about 20-30 minutes in the air the pilot came on the speaker and said we needed to return to Dallas, that we had some wing vibration when we reached top speed and altitude. Ok, he's the boss, so I was disappointed but all for a safe trip. 

Then 7 minutes before we landed the pilot came back on the speaker. He wanted to let us know that because we were returning to DFW it was considered an emergency landing and we would be met on the tarmac by ambulances and firetrucks as a precaution. Hmm...wonder why he left that part out with the first announcement?


Thanks to a great pilot we made it back safely, and I took a detour flight to a different city (Baton Rouge) and then embarked on a short road trip (in a large passenger van- because that's all that was left) into Lafayette. What a day, but alls well that ends well! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID Vaccines have arrived!

Henderson sisters dinner

Turn off the news and build a garden